My husband and I chose this cruise as we wanted a taster cruise of the Greek islands. We were very lucky with the weather for October. 28 degrees most days. We have stayed on the Oceana before about 7 years ago and although it is supposed to have had a refit it is definitely not in the same good condition. It is looking very tired. Atrium is an exception to this - still beautiful. Our cabin was inside f229 on deck 5 . Very handy for reception, gangway, bars, restaurants and theatres. Small long not wide cabin with fixed twin beds. Lots of storage space. Decor tired and could do with brightening up. Very loud engine noises coming from empty rooms to the side and read of the cabin. Did not get much sleep. We would not recommend it. We did not use the main dining room. We chose 1St sitting and table for 2 as we booked select. We were given 1St sitting but table for 6. Decided to use buffet as we wanted to do things in our own time. We would probably choose freedom to dining next time. Food was very average in buffet with limited choice and quality not as expected. Roast beef was raw. We enjoyed the barbeque on deck though. Breakfasts in buffet not the best. Eggs were tasteless without an egg station so tried eggs were in a tray on top of one another. Bacon was good but no mushrooms on offer. Entertainment was excellent day and night. Faultless. Deck quoits are a hazard with an extremely rude elderly male player who thought it was acceptable to block me from passing by pushing his arm into my bosom. I have him a piece of my mind. Chivalry is definitely dead. Our cabin steward Mira was lovely and always happy. Reception was excellent and we used them lots as we had problems with our almost daily. They were there to help very quickly. We enjoyed our time at the ports in Crete and Brides. We went on an excursion to the Acropolis and Plaka booked with P and O. Very good day out and guide Irene was extremely knowledgeable. Not for the unsteady though. You need flat, strong, antisocial footwear. It was very crowded on the way up. Views at the top are stunning. Watch out for the rose sellers. They have you a rose and say 'free!'. But what they really mean is Three. 3 euros!!. Easy to embark and disembark.

Greek islands and Athens cruise - excellent choice and weather was mostly hot

Oceana Cruise Review by Ruby Star

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Inside Twin with Shower

Easy to embark and disembark.
Ruby Star’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Oceana price drops

Inside Twin with Shower
Cabin OC F229
Inside cabin deck 5. Fixed twin beds. Long opposed to wide. Kept spotlessly clean by Mira.
In need of updating. Small bathroom but I'm as expected. Loud engine noises from empty rooms to side and rear which was worse on docking. Near to atrium and gangway.
  Oceana Deck Plans