3. Norwegian Joy
Had great experience in Hawaii, much smaller ship but NCL seems to take very good care of customers. The Joy is a newer ship and I wanted to preview for Alaska but I will not recruise on this ship. Small inadequate spa, missing hot chairs and hot tub, out of the ingredients for the massages I wanted. Long lines for dining and shows, everything sold out on 1st day of cruise, and stand by was no fun. They cancelled Victoria stop a few days before leaving and said it was due to tides. How do they not know the tides, they are available years ahead of time. That was NCL's excuse but rumors were a flying saying the port fees were raised and they did not want to pay. At San Franscisco, it was a long wait to get back on the ship because every one had to disembark and 10 people held it up for everyone and we could not reboard until like 2PM. We came back early from our bus tour because of black out conditions due to wildfires, if we were aware we would be waiting at the pier for hours, we certainly would have changed plans. Lots of kids and very noisy in common areas, no full walk around deck unless you go up to pool deck which is very loud.

Too big to handle the crowds, long lines and canceled stop

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by lanicopip

lanicopip’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD 15818
Cabin was nice and functional. Coffee maker in room and small balcony.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins