Marella Discovery Review

Iain Don
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2019

We had been on the Marella Discovery before and even cruises on the sister ship Marella Discovery 2 last year. We decided to go on another cruise with my Parents and my Brother and Siater-in-law for my Parents 50th golden wedding anniversary. It started out ok with the only gripe was we were not able to book the Surf and Turf speciality restaurant on the day we embarked (11/10/2019), as we missed out with the speciality restaurant we went to the 47 gallery restaurant and the waiter staff were absolutely fantastic which was a consistent feeling when we dined. But this seems to be the only positive thing about the ship. Throughout the whole week the ship smelt of Fuel and a number of the Toilets were continuously blocked and smelly. The Balcony room was looking tired and used needs another refurb. The cabin staff were friendly but missed things when cleaning. The shows were very mediocre compared to previous Marella Cruises.

I’m not sure I could guarantee I will cruise by Marella again.

The Cabin could do with a refurb, not enough storage space, dirty looking floors. Not enough sockets, Hairdryers not powerful enough and stops working after a few mins as it overheats.

9 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Marella Discovery Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.