• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Disney Wonder Review

Editor Rating
46 Awards

After being on a larger Disney ship, the Wonder is a disappointment.

Review for Disney Wonder to the Mexican Riviera
laplume
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Traveled with children

Summary of our trip: If you ever traveled on one of the larger Disney boats, the Dream or Fantasy, you will be somewhat disappointed on the Wonder.

We traveled with our adult children and their children ages 8, 6, 2-1/2 and a 10 month old. My husband and I had connecting rooms with my daughter who has two babies. The connecting rooms helped with the small cabin size as we freely went back and forth. We had all their junk in our cabin so they could accommodate the pack and play comfortably. I don't know how they could have managed with all their kid stuff....stroller, diapers, formula, diaper genie, etc...if they had only their cabin space.

Embarkation was fine. We arrived at the Port of San Diego about 10:45 and people were already checking in. We were number 21 for boarding and that happened about 12:45. We headed for the Triton sit down restaurant, but it was already full and there was a 30 minute wait. So off to the food court, Cabanas, we went. What a mad house as everyone was there since the cabins were not ready. Your first impression is ....holy cow....how crowded is this small ship. It took some ingenuity to find a table for nine. Once we could go to our cabin at 1:30, we received our bags about 45 minutes later.

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Connecting cabin with 6044. Balcony. Very clean.

Port Reviews

San Diego

We stayed in downtown SD. At night, the area around the Marriott Vacation Club Pulse fills up with homeless. Scary walking.

Ensenada

Did not get off ship, so my average vote does not count.

6 Helpful Votes