3. Norwegian Breakaway
This was a "replacement" cruise which I took after having my Labor Day cruise on the same ship and same itinerary cancelled by Hurricane Dorian. I had sailed Breakaway before, once in a solo cabin and once in the Haven. Sailed in a Haven Spa Suite, this time. Very clean. Very nice. Loved the Thermal Spa (which was included in the Spa fare). NCL does FreeStyle better than any other cruise line, regardless of what the other lines call their "dine anywhere/anytime" options. Being in the Haven means you get NCL's best personnel giving the best service fleet wide. The Breakaway was no exception. My Concierges urged us not to schedule anything ourselves with the restaurant reservation desk, nor to stand in line for any customer service issues, as they would take care of them.....anything from internet connection issues, to a billing issue, the concierges took care of them efficiently and quickly. Icing on the cake, they got front row seats for the main entertainment venues for us. Food seems to be getting better, in both the "no charge" venues as well as the Specialty Dining venues. My steaks were cooked to my liking (medium rare) and were quite tasty, regardless of where I dined. The Haven Restaurant, LaCucina, LeBistro and Tepenyaki restaurants were all quite good. All the bartenders on board were excellent. It didn't take long for them to recognize the drinks I liked, and to remember my name after about the first day of being on board. The ship isn't NCL's newest, nor is it an older ship. But, it's in great shape for being 5-6 years old. Loved the show VELVET....very high energy and just a lot of fun, even if you don't like disco. Plus, the acrobatics were impressive given the performers were sailing 20-30 feet above the stage WITHOUT a harness or a net. Singing and dancing were outstanding. Always fun at Howl at the Moon dueling piano venue. I know the ship sailed full, but it never felt crowded to me. The passenger flow was quite good. All-in-all, I wish I'm already looking for a way to go on another NCL cruise.

Breakaway....beautiful ship....beautiful weather.....beautiful time!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by graphicguy

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony

Always fun at Howl at the Moon dueling piano venue.

All-in-all, I wish I'm already looking for a way to go on another NCL cruise.
graphicguy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony
Cabin H9
Always kept clean, almost by magic. I would see my steward in the a.m., but rarely after that. However, my cabin was always spic and span, regardless of how many times I used it. Good size, even the balcony. Never used the in room jacuzzi though.

Quiet and close to the Spa, which I used every day.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins