Wanted to go to Amsterdam and liked the ports for this cruise. Had not been to Spain or Portugal before. We spent 4 nights in Amsterdam before the cruise. Embarkation was very fast - this is our 5th cruise with Oceania and we arrived when it is usually most busy but there were more than enough people to log us in, get room cards, etc. Disembarkation was also amazing. Instead of being dumped off at the airport (we paid for the transfer at Lisbon) the representative on our bus actually escorted the entire group to the check-in counter we needed for our flight. Never had that happen before.The Delta check in people were also very tourist friendly and explained where to go for security and our gate. Have never had such great service at a foreign airport. Ship and cabin were exactly as previous cruises and the level we have come to expect for service and quality. Things I noticed since the last time on Marina - June 2017. No lunch service in the Grand Dining Room - Terrace and Waves only but the Terrace at lunch had even more options than before. Definitely have upped their game at Lunch. Waves also had an improved Juice Bar that I started using every day. Recommend the Sweet Green! Due to high seas one port was missed (Biarritz tender) but an extra day in Bilboa was taken instead - no extra day at sea. I had to take motion sickness pills 3 times on this cruise which is a record for me (we would leave a port during dinner!) but otherwise we were in port so much that the high seas were not a problem. Only went to Entertainment at night once - 9:30 is too late but it was very good. Participated in activities on ship - games led by Entertainment staff which were fun. Did not do this on previous cruises and would definitely do again. Did not participate in shore excursions as we typically research the area ourselves and explore close to the ship. Did the art classes which were great - taught by Kris Smith and she was wonderful. I learned more than previous cruise art classes. Guest lecturer was informative and funny. Jacques Pepin was also on board and attended his culinary demo - fantastic as always. Paid for Concierge room but did not use him - good thing as he did not sound too helpful to others and never once got up to help with the broken port side door - deck 9. I just read a review from 8/18 and the door was not working then, either?! Overall we had a good time, not fantastic - just good.

Amsterdam-Lisbon, Great trip even with a few high seas

Marina Cruise Review by redhook82

Guest lecturer was informative and funny.

Overall we had a good time, not fantastic - just good.
redhook82’s Full Rating Summary