We chose this cruise because primarily because it fit our schedule. We flew to Amsterdam Sunday night, arriving around 5:30 Monday morning. We cleared Immigration, got our bag, and had a quick bite to eat and a coffee at the airport. I didn't find any AMA reps that early, but I asked a Viking rep and she showed me on Google maps exactly where the AmaMora was docked that morning. We took the train from the airport to Central Station. 25 minutes and 11 Euros for two people and then walked the 15 minutes to where the ship was docked. We boarded around 8:15. Boarding was a little chaotic since the previous cruise passengers were still on board. But we dropped our bags offs, washed up a bit in a restroom on board, and went out exploring and returned to the ship around 3pm when our stateroom was ready. We showered and got ready for the Captain's reception which started at 6pm. Learned a little about the ship and the crew and settled in for dinner at 7pm. Most evenings, cocktails were served at 6 or 6:30 and dinner at 7 or 7:30. The food was excellent though the portions were small. We were always told that ordering a double portion, or even three was acceptable and a few nights, I found myself doing just that. After dinner, we had an onboard musician who played the piano or there were guest musicians we would pick up and drop off during the evening. All were fantastic. Breakfast and lunch were more buffet style meals and my only complaint was having to reach over food items to get to the back food items. It didn't seem hygienic and most things didn't have the glass shields on them I have seen on larger cruise ships in the buffet areas. People were coughing and sneezing and that was all taking place in close proximity of the open food containers. We enjoyed all the excursions though we wished we had more time at each stop. We did acancal cruise in Amsterdam, a walking tour in Cologne, a Gondola ride in Rudesheim, the Philosopher's Hike in Heidelberg, a walking tour in Strasboug, and the Black Forest Hike for the last day. We chose all our excursions about two weeks before departure but there was an opportunity to change your choices on board. All in all, the cruise was fantastic. The ship was beautifully designed and well appointed and as a runner, I was happy to see a small running track on the sundeck. Even though it was 12 times around for a mile, I enjoyed not having to run on the treadmill except the last day when the sun deck was closed because of us going thru locks with low doors. We will definitely return to AMA for a Douro and Danube cruise in the future.

First River Cruise. Outstanding Vacation

AmaMora Cruise Review by Charlene1985

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony and Outside Balcony

We will definitely return to AMA for a Douro and Danube cruise in the future.
AmaWaterways, Manager, Customer Engagement has responded
Dear Charlene1985, Thank you for your kind words and valuable feedback! We're so happy to hear you received such excellent service and you enjoyed your time with us. Your generous review is greatly appreciated, and we will be sure to share your feedback with our AmaMora crew. We are already looking forward to welcoming you on your next cruise! Warm Regards, From all of us at AmaWaterways
Charlene1985’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaMora price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony and Outside Balcony
Cabin AA
We booked an AA stateroom on the Violin Deck, which was the best room we could purchase without getting a Suite. The room was larger that we pictured and had enough storage space for us, but the beds were too low to slide our large suitcase under. We had to put that in the floor of the closet. The climate control worked well, and the shower had good water pressure. The hair dryer actually was very good. The cabin steward was very good and efficient. However one evening I dropped my earring and had to find it with my hands. I was appalled at the line of crumbs and debris and hair already accumulating next to the wall where a vacuum wouldn't pick up unless using an attachment. AMA definitely needs to have the stewards use the attachment wand in between sailings- most hotels ignore this too and over time, the build up of crumbs and such is disgusting.
Violin Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins