We were on board from Rome to La Spezia (got off early to meet up with friends and family in Tuscany). The good:
- Check in was quick and painless
- The cabin (0913) was fantastic, we had a 'restricted view' balcony but honestly didn't spend much, if any, time on the balcony
- Entertainment was great - the theatre shows were just the right amount of time
- The €10 drinks package was great - the only thing that wasn't included was the high end champagnes/spirits
- Despite being a massive ship, we never felt overly crowded, nor did we ever have a problem finding seats or getting service
They could work on:
- The seated restaurant. We used it twice, and the buffet every other night. The service was slow, the meals not very interesting, and they never had the wine we wanted
- On the €10 drinks package, on more than one occasion a bartender would say they had run out of the €9 drinks, and then try and sell us the €12 option, not covered in our package. Each and every time, we pointed out the bottle of wine or beer we were after - so this was very deceptive and needs to be addressed.
- Compulsory charges for transfers off/onto the boat at ports. I reckon this should be included in the cost.
Cabin had 2 x single beds (2 guys - we are couple, and they obviously assumed we weren't and gave us single beds despite the request for double being on our mymsc login).
Spacious, good aircon, tiny shower (but that's ok).