3. Norwegian Star
We selected this cruise for the ports and ended up missing Montenegro and Argostoli. Montenegro was missed due to changes by the Port Authority in Venice. Venice now staggers the coming and going of all cruise ship. NCL was given the LAST leaving time out of Venice so this meant we had to miss Montenegro. Argostoli was missed (we were told) due to the weather however we never experienced any bad weather on the ship. We must have been far from the bad weather in Argostoli? We were cut short on our last stop in Dubrovnik and had to get back on board earlier than originally planned. Why? We were told because NCL was given the FIRST time to be back in port by the Venice Port Authority. Does this make sense? Give the ship with the LAST leaving time the EARLIEST time to be back??? The ship was fine. Clean and well maintained. The food was average. The menu is so boring. We don't do buffets and the service is very slow in all of the sit down restaurants. Be prepared to be ignored. Bars are crowded and the bartenders are inattentive and not friendly. The Gatsby servers (mostly all females) only seem to have "eyes" for one another. That's fine, but can you get me a drink, please? One of the Gatsby bartenders has such a thick accent and refuses to increase her volume when you say "I'm sorry, I can't hear you." It was like she was doing ME a favor to even wait on me. Excuse me? All of the bars are crowded. You would think the ship would be prepared for the rush (like when people are getting back on board after a port stop) and put more workers at the bars and restaurants. The cruise director and his staff are mostly friendly and fun. The NCL production cast work so hard and are incredibly talented. We loved all of their shows. The aerialists are wonderful. The hypnotist was mildly entertaining, but we don't believe that the hypnotism was real. Can you say overacting by the "volunteers" from the audience? Customer service gave inaccurate information on two basic questions we asked. When we found out, we had to get back in line and get our key card fixed. They didn't apologize. Actually, I'd say it is typical NCL customer service. Snarly. Rude. Say NO to everything. Shore excursion personnel. Where to begin? Absolutely positively the WORST WORST WORST treatment we have ever gotten. This - after spending $700+ on shore excursions. Do they realize without us they wouldn't have a salary? To end on a bright note. Our cabin was clean and quiet and we slept very well at night. We enjoyed our time in Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, and Dubrovnik (too short, though). The shore excursions we took were nice.

Itinerary changes and some NCL personnel spoiled the trip

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by flowerchildpeace

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside

The ship was fine. Clean and well maintained.

flowerchildpeace’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Family Inside
Cabin I1
Clean. Quiet. Small. Typical inside stateroom.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins