• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Andrea Devaughn
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony

I picked this cruise for the date and the itinerary. The price was great. We spent the day before looking around San Juan and loved Old San Juan. This was a special trip with my 2 teenage daughters. Last year I took my younger daughter on our first cruise. Getting my other girl to go with us was a joy. After hearing all about our cruise she was excited to join us this time. Freedom didn't disappoint. Our first site of that huge ship was awesome. Our arrival at the port could not have gone quicker. We were on board by 1 pm and started looking around all the decks. Lunch in Windjammer and drinks by the pool. Our room was a 6th deck balcony and was ready by 3 pm. It was great. Things might be worn but it was all good. We thought it was the room of our dreams. Our room attendant was Winsome from Jamaica? And she was a daily gift. I could not have asked for more. Dining in the main dining room was a fun, elegant time for us. We had great diner mates from Dallas and Columbus. The only meal we did not love was the lasagna. The staff all seemed to enjoy helping us have fun. We booked all our tours thru Royal because as a single mom of teenage girls I was a bit timid and needed the assurance that Royal would be there for me. Buying for 3 I picked general island tours that gave us a good look at the whole area for a good price. We enjoyed them all. Best was Barbados tour with the caves. We did so much during the day that we were too tired to take in any shows. Maybe next time. We did the tour of Old San Juan with airport dfop off at the end of our trip and it was a great way to end our trip. Thank you Royal for giving this mom a trip of a lifetime with her girls.

Ocean View Balcony

Neat and clean. The third bunk in the ceiling was perfect.

2 Helpful Votes