• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Inside Stateroom
Traveled with children

My family and i went on the norwegian escape because a family member of ours was getting married on the ship, and a good amount of us (60+) decided to take the week and sail together. My family and i had an absolutely terrible experience.

Originally boarding ship; we were told to wait on one line, and we waited for 45 minutes before we were told we were in the wrong line! The original staff member that put us in the wrong line walked away instead of taking the second to apologize to myself and about 10 other people in my family who all waited in the wrong line.

While waiting to board ship, staff members kept telling us to keep the aisle clear. I crossed the aisle at one point to reach a staff member and ask where the bathroom was so that i could change my child's diaper. Another staff member immediately approached me to keep the aisle clear - for crossing it for two seconds to ask another staff member a simple question! Staff members immediately very rude.

Inside Stateroom

Terrible - entirely too small. Norwegian Cruise Line knew we had a child traveling with us, as they had him in the youth center list - they should know an inside stateroom is too small for two adults and a child that needs a crib.

If you are traveling with a child that is still in a crib and/or stroller - do yourself a favor and attempt an upgrade. (We asked for one and did not receive one - but try). Our child had to sleep in the bed with my husband and I. He's one year old. We also had no room for luggage storage and had to pull down a Murphy bed above our own bed to store luggage. This got me really nervous that if the Murphy bed had fallen or broke, it would fall on my child's head because the bed was the only option for him to sleep!

2 Helpful Votes