• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

toucansuk
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin:

This was my first river cruise. It was to visit parts of southern Germany I hadn't visited before. It was also supposed to spend time in Esztergom, Hungary, and plenty of free time in Vienna. Didn't get either of those. Reason: owing to the hot dry summer there was possibly insufficient water in the Danube to complete the tour so we had to rush to get there. But after Hungary it hardly stopped raining. Had a bad fall on the soaking wet gangway, badly injured needing first aid. But worse: I took part in a Round the World picture quiz. Some of my correct answers were marked incorrect. Crew refused to listen to me, shouted me down. The captain joined in, shouting me down, bullying, sent me to my cabin without dinner and even threatened to throw me off the ship. This is a French company - anti-British. Food is possibly okay if you like fancy fine dining, but much of it was barely edible for my fussy delicate stomach. Cabin barely big enough for one person. My cabin was two doors from the noisy engines. Entertainment consisted of a keyboard player and a cabinet of French games. Cruise not worth half the money paid. Excursions rushed and rarely gave time for toilet visits: insufficient free time. I couldn't wait to get home!

Very small cabin. Two single beds, but you had to climb over one to get to the second - fortunately I travel alone. Television rarely worked. Shower poor. To sit on the toilet one had to put one foot in the shower. In short; inferior.

Port Reviews

Passau

Interesting cathedral, plain on the outside but highly decorated inside; has the world's largest cathedral organ. Lots of fine buildings but I liked the many buildings decorated in pastel colours.

1 Helpful Vote