3. Grandeur of the Seas
We were on this ship 2 years ago going south and weren't really impressed but only went this trip because of the 9 nights we would suppose to be in port 5 days - didn't happen. A week prior to boarding we got an email that said due to a coast guard inspection don't show up until noon - no big deal. The boat did not leave until the following morning. It then didn't pull into boston until 3pm and there was absolutely no transportation and they canceled all shore tours. Went to Portland and then to Bar Harbor which they canceled because their "life boats" couldn't tender because of the winds - even though Bar Harbor has commercial tenders that could have been used - that's on Royal Caribbean. Then they announced that Saint Johns had been canceled even though the weather for the following day was 50, 6MPH and cloudy. So they decide to go BACK to Boston - are you kidding me. Back to boston then we hiked it all the way back to Halifax. Due to a tropical depression we were then late into Baltimore by 7 hours. The boat is aged and can't support a cold weather cruise. seating everywhere is limited. They have a majority (or lack there of) the entertainment on the Centrium deck 4 which has very limited seating. The two musical groups were on the ship two years ago. Upon getting on the ship, you could not get a seat anywhere on deck 9 and people were sitting out in the cold on lounge chairs by the pool I saw one staff member bussing tables - it was not a good situation. We have been on over 20 cruises and the food was par with golden coral buffet. the only worse food we experienced was on NCL. The buffet the food was luke warm at best. They did have a wide variety though. The dining room was so so. Twice my wife's good was cold and you can't blame the waiters, that's on the kitchen. I order a steak one night and it was maybe a 1/4 inch thick. A miller light was 8.56 and I order Manhattans which of the 7 I ordered 5 came that were 3/4 full - !5 bucks a pop. The room was okay, we did an inside because I knew the weather would be cold and windy. The room steward was great. Our waiters were also great. It seems that every time the ship would make an announcement they were wrong or didn't want to tell us what was going on up front. If they said we were pulling in late and would be there at 12, we got there at 3. We've been on numerous royal Caribbean ships and this ship is not representative of the company. I think they have a captive audience in Baltimore. I also think that the ship has operated in a subpar mode so long they think it's acceptable and the norm. Even if Royal gave us a free cruise on this ship we wouldn't waste our time

This ship needs help!

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by jamesjacobs

Our waiters were also great.

Even if Royal gave us a free cruise on this ship we wouldn't waste our time
jamesjacobs’s Full Rating Summary