• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Norwegian Joy Review

Editor Rating

First time on NCL, excellent food, good service but lacking entertainment

Review for Norwegian Joy to Pacific Coastal
beckyboo1986
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

Recently returned from a repositioning cruise from Vancouver on 6th October and arriving in LA on 11th October.

Originally the itinerary included two ports 1. Victoria, BC and 2. San Francisco. Sadly a few days prior to departing, we were informed Victoria had to be cancelled due to tidal issues and this resulted in a delay of departure from Vancouver due to passing under Lions Bridge. Naturally this was quite disappointing for such a short cruise however we were issued $50 onboard credit. We were not issued any refund of port fees though.

Embarkation: Relatively straight forward and I was on the ship within 15 minutes. I had completed everything online so it was a matter of collecting my sea pass and signing paperwork.

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

Excellent room. Near the stairs and a few floors up to The Observation Lounge and Garden café.

Port Reviews

Vancouver

I didn't do an NCL excursion. I signed up for the city bikes Mobi for $12 for a 24 hour pass. Journeys up to 30 mins are included. I cycled around Stanley park and over to Grenville Island. Lovely way to spend a few hours.

3 Helpful Votes