Carnival Legend Cruise Review

Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Kreader

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Interior

I chose this cruise because I got a very good price for a solo inside cabin. I had had Jen Baxter as a cruise director before. She still is a great cruise director. 10 sea days,but lots of activities planned for each sea day(lots of trivia). As this was a Hawaii cruise I did go to Hula lessons. Cabin was ok. Nita,cabin stewardess was great! Food overall was good,but I did have a few main entrees that were not good(for example-lamb that was too tough to cut),and some appetizers that were not good. Poor selection of teas-only Lipton and green tea bags offered. Desserts were mostly very good but for one night grand marnier souffle that was more of a cake than souffle. All musicians were very good! I especially liked rock band Hot Shots in Red Frog Pub! They were fantastic! Danced a lot to their music! This was one of the best cruises I have taken(over 27 cruises)!

Kreader's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4D 7135

Not sure if this cabin was 4D or 4E. Ok cabin. As a solo I had the beds separated. It did have a chair and stool in cabin. Not the biggest TV. Not great TV channels. Much older free movies. OK bathroom.

Shared a van with 7 others. Visited a lava tube in a cave,couple of waterfalls,and nut factory/shop. Stopped in Paia at a local bar for a beer. I had Kona Brewing Big Wave Golden Ale-really good beer!(And a local guy bought it for me!

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Shared a van with 7 people. Did the Road to Hana ride. Sorry had the beer in this port excursion. Great views,lots of waterfalls.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Kona (Kailua Bay)

Walked around town. Had lunch in nice Thai resaturant. Did some shopping. Toured palace.

Kauai

Took shuttle to 2 nearby shopping malls. Did some shopping. Love the ABC stores in Hawaii! Found my favorite beer in ABC store!

Honolulu

I had been in Honolulu before. So this time I climbed from the road to the top of Diamondhead! Took me 1 and 1/2 hour but I did it! Hot, lots of uneven trails,lots of stairs. Hand rails all the way up tho. Great views on top!

Kreader