3. Majesty of the Seas
Disclaimer: This was our first trip with RCCL, our last 3 x were with Disney Cruise Line(which we were very happy with). I have 3 small children- 3, 6, 8., and am particular for quality/service, and have allergies- hence my experience. Check-In: We did online check-in and had to redo all the paper work at check-in again, and still spent more time fixing it on board. Lots of lines/long waits to get on board and at guest services. Put a damper from the start of the trip. Once onboard were greeted by cigarette odor. There is a constant cigarette odor in atrium area because of the casino. Dining: Didn’t like that we were assigned to a shared table. I’m here to vacation with my family, not to mingle. It took some time but we were reassigned to a private table. Food in dining rooms overall was very good, service was top-notch. It was the highlight for us on the ship. They were able to accommodate any special requests. Had room service one morning and it was great and on time. Buffets were good and had a lot of variety. Enjoyed Sorrentos pizza and the deli options for the kids. Tables were always clean. Adventure Ocean Kids program: Very disappointing. Registration was a mess. My kids didn’t want to go after the first day. Activities were coloring, hearing stories, or playing games like tag. They had a Family Science activity they said it would be making a volcano. It ended up being a demo of one of the counselors doing it. she was having a blast while the rest of us watched. Didn’t even have any kids participate. Nothing hands on and a waste of time- sums up the kids program. They have a room for kids under 3 to play with toys but no counselor so parents stay with them. There is no babysitting service. Entertainment: Loved the variety of live music on board. Kids enjoyed the rock wall. Did not enjoy the theater performances. They had a Britney Spears vocal performing soul classics for Signed Sealed Deliver- was off putting and the kids were bored, so we didn’t do the Boogie Nights one. We saw Puck the Magician another night and the kids enjoyed it. We did a Disney trivia, and it was again a waste of time. It was a PowerPoint of 15 slides, and then 1 fact question at the end. It lasted 10 minutes. We noticed a few activities didn’t happen as well. They were suppose to play Hocus Pocus on the pool deck. It was a clear night, but nothing. They were suppose to have Ballroom dancing another night, and again nothing. It was disappointing showing up for nothing. Cupcake class: If you are curious about signing up kids, I’d recommend age 8 as the minimum. It was a great class, and actually took 1.5 hours instead of 45 minutes. It’s advanced, working with fondant and lead by a head pastry chef. We signed up with our little ones but it was too much instruction for them to follow along. The chef was great with the kids and they enjoyed it, but I think it would have been easier on us all to just hang out at the pool. Other: Atmosphere is majority young groups, party goers and first timers, with the minority of couples, retirees, families. Experienced a guest cursing repeatedly loud at crew that it was “f*ck#d up” he had to pay a daily gratuity at guest services. Probably from the same group that would pass through the halls late at night blasting loud music. But what do you expect when every corner they are pushing alcoholic beverages. Photos: We bought the all photo package for $159 in advance. I called to confirm it included digital as it just said “all photos” and was told yes all prints and digital are included. Once onboard was told no, it was only prints since this ship didn’t have the technology to offer all digital. Typical setup every night around atrium with various backgrounds: black, white, ship, bokeh patterns. We didn’t get any photos near the elevators on formal night but regretted it since they ended up looking really nice. Out of 60 prints, I ended up with 10 good ones. Lots of eyes closed, hair in face, not looking, crooked angles, etc. We are going to create a bloopers album in spite of it all, but I wished the photographers took their time since we missed the opportunity to capture these vacation moments. Parking: First time to use Park-n-Go(as recommended here) and had a flawless experience... and it’s cheaper than parking at the port. Highly recommended. First class service. Excursions: Our itinerary included Cozumel and Costa Maya. Bonus, we got an extra hour of sleep due to the time change. Cozumel we did the Xcaret Adventure. If you have little ones - as a heads up the journey to get there can be tiresome. We regretted not having a stroller or beach wagon. They said to be downstairs at 6:45 am. But it took 2 hours before we even left the port on a shuttle boat. The boat ride was another 45 nauseating minutes, followed by a 10 minute walk to a bus, and another 15 minute bus ride. The guide never stopped for us to change, and when we asked about renting a stroller he said it would just get in the way. I think he just didn’t want us to slow him down, so we left the group. We did one river ride, had the most expensive taco lunch, 20 minutes on the beach and then it was time to head back. I didn’t like that they have us 30 minutes of shopping time before getting on the shuttle boat. It was not part of the itinerary. They should have let us leave and those wanting to shop could have stayed or shopped at the port. Overall, we felt the excursion was still worth it for the river adventure. Costa Maya we did the dolphin encounter. It’s right next to the port. Very easy to get to. It was overall a great experience for my family. We got to go in the water and do tricks/poses with the dolphins. People were complaining that most of the instructions were in Spanish. We got the digital picture package and realized afterwards all of my husbands photos were missing! So make sure you get everything before you leave. We also did the bird aviary. This was my oldest child’s favorite from everything we did the entire trip. It was not crowded at all, and we had a lot of time to interact with the beautiful birds and to enjoy the views.

Good Value, Great Service, Poor Ship Condition

Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 3N 4036
Cabin: Luggage was delivered by the time we got to our cabins. We read cabins were outdated and tiny, which I was fine with. However, they are extremely worn out & dirty. Comparable to Motel 6 or 1-star hotel. The ship was recently dry docked but I don’t think it included cabins. So sad RCCL hasn’t continued to invest, because we would have had a much better experience if the cabin was kept up. I had cleaning wipes to use on everything. Carpet was gross. There was a very strong urine odor in the bathrooms and I had to have coffee grounds to dilute the smell. My room steward did his best every day given the poor state. We were kept up at night from the furniture creaking and loud noise banging within the walls. My daughters bunk would vigorously shake and scare her, at random times day and night. I wouldn’t let any of my kids sleep on the bunk as I was afraid something could snap at any time. And for the muster drill they separated us (we had adjoining rooms) and it was a nightmare with small children.
Deck 8 Outside Cabins

• Dolphin Swim
    Costa Maya we did the dolphin encounter. It's right next to the port. Very easy to get to. It was overall a great experience for my family. We got to go in the water and do tricks/poses with the dolphins. People were complaining that most of the instructions were in Spanish. We got the digital picture package and realized afterwards all of my husbands photos were missing! So make sure you get everything before you leave. We also did the bird aviary. This was my oldest child's favorite from everything we did the entire trip. It was not crowded at all, and we had a lot of time to interact with the beautiful birds and to enjoy the views.
    View All 35 Dolphin Swim Reviews