3. Royal Princess
The Royal is a beautiful ship and now that it is going out of LA, I am hoping to be able to go more often. First of all, there were 2 ships in port that day which made the traffic difficult. It took over 45 minutes to park. I thought Medallion would make check in easier, but really, it didn't make any difference. After we checked in we waited another half hour to board the ship. All in all, embarkation was just VERY busy and chaotic. I was glad that I had printed my boarding pass because the Medallion App kicked me out, erased my boarding pass then wouldn't let me back in for the rest of the cruise. This ship is large, and I think that the service in a couple of areas was lacking because of the amount of people. It seemed that if we had an issue, it always took at least two tries to get it right. We had everything from a toilet that didn't work to waiting over an hour for starter in the main dining room. We used the buffet a lot. The food there is fine, not great, but the good news is that we always found a table due to the good set up of the buffet. Tip: the desserts for the buffet are only available at the front buffet closest to the pool, not the back portion. We had a cabin in the back and the shaking back there was intense. So intense that when you laid down it felt like a message bed. If you like that, then this is a good tip for you. Book an aft stateroom. Things we loved: The cruise director Matt O was amazing and made the cruise so much fun. I'll cruise with him any day! The Bellini bar- the drinks are great and the tables are in a nice location if you want to watch the happenings of the Piazza. Alfredo's- a great option for lunch. The shows- we enjoyed the shows each evening, there was plenty of variety. Disembarkation was very easy. We chose to walk off. We were assigned a 9:45 walk off however as we were going towards the waiting location for walk off, they said that if we wanted to go now, we could. That made it nice. We were off the ship and thru customs before 8:30. Would I go again? Absolutely! I love to cruise and even though this one had a couple of hiccups, there was plenty on this cruise that I enjoyed. I think I will give them a little time to work out the kinks, but all in all, I'm glad they are going out of LA.

Good not Great.

cruisingberger’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE R719
I liked the location. There is some shaking back here. The toilet was broken on arrival but they fixed it quickly.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins