• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

retdon
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Junior Suite

We are experienced cruisers and have been loyal Holland America for a while. We went on this cruise because it was my high school reunion cruise. I have always said never on a BIG ship, well I now mean NEVER. Too many people pushing, cutting in front of, rude and crowded. Too many children, we wondered if we were on Disney by the large number of children who ranged from infants(how can you enjoy a cruise with an infant is beyond me), to teens, running, screaming, pushing all the elevator buttons, and more screaming.

The noise level is above real, bring ear plugs. The only place we found some peace and quiet other than our cabin was the Solarium(adults only) and on some occasions Park Place. All the announcements, music, narration is beyond a human's hearing ability, so loud.

The service in the Main Dinning room was very good. Our group had to eat at 5:30pm which is not what we wanted but in order to be seated together it was our only choice, Royal would not work with us on this. The food there was good and hot, I will not say delicious except for the escargot, onion soup, lamb chops and desserts.

Junior Suite

Cabin J4

The mini-tub only had a half glass curtain so the floor was always wet when we showered. Our Cabin Stewart was excellent and always responded to our requests. The cabin was clean. The AC was kept at MAX or it would have been to warm for me.

6 Helpful Votes