3. Harmony of the Seas
We are experienced cruisers and have been loyal Holland America for a while. We went on this cruise because it was my high school reunion cruise. I have always said never on a BIG ship, well I now mean NEVER. Too many people pushing, cutting in front of, rude and crowded. Too many children, we wondered if we were on Disney by the large number of children who ranged from infants(how can you enjoy a cruise with an infant is beyond me), to teens, running, screaming, pushing all the elevator buttons, and more screaming. The noise level is above real, bring ear plugs. The only place we found some peace and quiet other than our cabin was the Solarium(adults only) and on some occasions Park Place. All the announcements, music, narration is beyond a human's hearing ability, so loud. The service in the Main Dinning room was very good. Our group had to eat at 5:30pm which is not what we wanted but in order to be seated together it was our only choice, Royal would not work with us on this. The food there was good and hot, I will not say delicious except for the escargot, onion soup, lamb chops and desserts. Royal is not a cheap cruise line, they will nickel and dime you to death, want to watch a movie in your cabin will cost you $11.99. The cocktails are all over priced and often only a half full glass, is Royal really that desperate for money?? Don't forget your umbrella, when it rains on this ship everything gets wet and all the passengers crowd into the interior. My biggest complaint is smoking is allowed in the casino. I like to play Black Jack and there was always someone smoking. This is a dangerous fire and health hazard, I don't want to breath second hand smoke. The life boat drill was a joke, they could never get all these bodies off this monster. The video they showed was a take off of James Bond and so poorly done. We could not hear this or see it from where we were seated in the Promenade. I don't know how Royal gets away with such a drill as the passengers kept talking through it all. We have sailed Royal years back and all I can say it was night and day difference from our last Royal cruise. Shoving in line at the buffet was so bad and you serve your self, a real potential for food contamination. We only ate there once and said never again. Again, too many children, why were they not in school at this time of the year is beyond me. Guess you can tell we were very unhappy on the monster and will be returning to Holland America for our next cruise.

Never Again On a Monster Ship

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by retdon

retdon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J4 6048
The mini-tub only had a half glass curtain so the floor was always wet when we showered. Our Cabin Stewart was excellent and always responded to our requests. The cabin was clean. The AC was kept at MAX or it would have been to warm for me.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins