3. Norwegian Gem
Destinations were good, a bit boring at Sydney Nova Scotia Miss communication between ncl rep and agency rep and ncl online. I choiced shore credit and was told final destination could be one,,however after booking I was told by shore excursion offc that not true, however the beginning of the cruise port Quebec I could use it for..but wasn't able to due to the miscommunication. Also book as soon as possible since alot of the better excursions were already sold out prior to sailing. Also alot of the extra cost for drinks, ex: water pkg was better to buy on ship to save money Also wasn't told we will be doing a tandem in Sydney which of course they used the life boats and started to make noise at 06:00. Food everywhere was tasteless and mostly cold..also they never change the menu, main dining room has a few more options and apparently changed those few options nightly. The specialty Italian was adequate in taste temperature and quality and quantity. Service was Wonderful there. Elsewhere not so good. Seemed like they always were in a rush. No Lobster or crab in restaurants..come on we're doing a Canadian and New England cruise Will not book NCL most likely again. At least not on the GEM

Disappointment

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by stjetcats

Destinations were good, a bit boring at Sydney Nova Scotia

Will not book NCL most likely again. At least not on the GEM
stjetcats’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8568
2 sgl beds put together after we got in a stateroom and I barely had room to walk by the desk and bed..we had 2 skinny long port windows. The toilet area is enclosed from the rest of restroom and so small I barely had room to do my stuff and get wiped up. I'm only 5ft and 150lbs. size 10/12
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins