3. Norwegian Breakaway
We thought this would be a nice cruise with great ports for my 76 yr old mom and handicapped sister for a girls getaway. I also use a cane. Food was ok, nothing special. Buffet was limited at night to one type of cuisine, main restaurants took very long for the three courses, which were very small portioned. (I am glad my husband wasn’t there, he would have had to order two entrees!) I expected more out of the cuisine, The ship is nice, clean, but very crowded. Common spaces were always full. And the main customer service area always had a long line. Difficult to get a deck chair. Entertainment lacked any interesting premise. Felt like watching high school entertainment, although the singers had wonderful voices, the shows were juvenile. And the stand up comedy shows needed some better comedians. Activities were the usual, bingo, trivia, music at the pool. I never saw the cruise director except when he introduced himself at the beginning of a show. And they were always selling raffle tickets at every show. I found that everything revolves around how much they can get you to spend onboard. Our room was sufficient and clean, although the step up into the bathroom was higher than anticipated and mom tripped into the bathroom one night. The step should have a light up or glow in the dark strip not just a small notice near the door the same color as the wall. The crew is very nice and helpful. This was my second cruise this year with Norwegian and I didn’t find the first one much better so I will not be using Norwegian for cruising again.

Disappointing food and entertainment

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Soffy7340

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

The crew is very nice and helpful.

Soffy7340’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 10192
Small balcony but bathroom was very big. Close enough to elevators but can’t hear them when in the room. Watch the step up!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins