3. Harmony of the Seas
The vacation turned out very well. We went to beautiful ports, had excellent waitstaff, and a beautiful room. But the Harmony of the Seas was too big, crowded, and very poorly managed. This was my 2nd cruise on Harmony of the Seas out of Port Canaveral and my observations for both cruises are the same. My studio cabin 4678 was beautiful. It had everything found in a standard cabin, just much smaller. The window was about 5 feet around, and I really enjoyed this small room at its much smaller price. The ship looks beautiful. Nice color scheme, very pretty. Very clean. The wait staff, cabin steward and Guest Services were top notch, The Western Carib ports were my favorites and we had a wonderful time. But I'll NEVER again take such a big ship and because of how mismanaged this ship was, I'll avoid Harmony of the Seas. There were two stacks of elevators, 24 elevators total. It mustr have sounded like a lot when they designed the ship, but in practical use, it was a huge failure. Wait times for the elevators and the crowding inside them was inexcusable. It could take 20 minutes to wait for the elevator. The dining room was packed crowded. Tables were so close the chairs touched each other. There was no room to walk to the seat. No room to pull back the chair to pick up a dropped napkin. We had reservations for dinner at the same time each night with the same waitstaff. Not oly did we always have to wait, but they always tried to move us to a different waiter. They were never ready for us and it was always a problem. The noise level was unbearable for me. Much of the activity, snacks, bars, etc was in the Promenade. With the parades and parties, this area was packed and the noise level was too much. After dining hours, the only available coffee was at the pay coffee shop. There was no place to get a cup of coffee and a cookie. The Soda Package soda machines were very limited and the one in the Windjammer was unavailable after meal times. Lines for these machines could be very long. Yes, I had a great vacation. But I have had better cruise experiences on other ships and cruise lines. Harmony of the Seas was too big, crowded, and crazy for my tastes.

Great Port, Lousy Ship

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Solo1959

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Studio Ocean View

The ship looks beautiful. Nice color scheme, very pretty. Very clean.

The wait staff, cabin steward and Guest Services were top notch,

The Western Carib ports were my favorites and we had a wonderful time.

Solo1959’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Studio Ocean View
Cabin 2O 4678
Very nice room for a discounted no-supplement price. The window was enormous, the bed was comfortable and the location was very convenient.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• City Tour
    The town of Mahahual was an adventure. I loved my visit there. I took the shuttle to the town which was a strip of stores and restaurants along the beach. Yes, I was accosted by every one every step I took trying to sell me fake cuban cigars, massage, trinkets, and even the guy's sister. I felt safe there but it was a fun adventure. I did (knowingly) buy a small box of fake cuban cigars and I had a nice lunch on the beach. I would be happy to go back next time.
    View All 16 City Tour Reviews
  • Cozumel
    The Mayan Ruins tour was excellent and the guide, Adrian, was superb
    View All 6,713 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Perfect Day at CocoCay
    RCL did a beautiful job with this "new" port
    View All 60 Perfect Day at CocoCay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Perfect Day at CocoCay Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    I walked outside the port and found a taxi. They charged $90 for a tour of the west end, but I was able to share the cab with two other people. The cab driver showed us everything, took us to see many nice sites, and even took us to a gift shop run by some of his family! We went to many nice places and I had a fully enjoyable stay. I held a sloth, I had monkeys climb on me and we had gigantic birds on our arms. It was a great trip.
    View All 226 Island Tour Reviews