I made the mistake of checking the reviews a few days before we departed. They were not good, and as this was our 1st cruise i did wonder what we had let ourselves in for. I want to write this review to put a different view on all the negative comments.
1. Extremely efficient embarking and disembarcation process. Very smooth. Be aware that you may have to wait a few hours before your case is delivered to your cabin
2. We were upgraded, no charge, to a cabin with a balcony.
3. Restaurant- we had the 1st sitting at 7pm. Dinner lasted until 8.45pm. Although at first i thought it would be too early, it was fine. It meant we could finish dinner then have a drink before visiting the show.
4. The 3 course meals were of good quality, plenty of choice, but a little on the small side, and limited veg.
5. We were on an all inclusive package. Wine was served by the glass, no limit.
6. The staff were very friendly and work hard, with a smile. Nothing too much trouble. I have nothing but praise for all of them. Our waiters were amazing.
7. Entertainment in the theatre was excellent especially the singers.
8. Plenty of other musical entertainment in the many bars. Again, very enjoyable. And you have lots of choice.
9. There is an adults only infinity pool and garden bar on deck 16.
10. All drinks were included in the all inclusive package including cocktails.
Not really any, other than the buffet was a bit of a bun fight. Very busy especially at breakfast time. Difficult to find a table, very noisy and busy unless you go about 10am. But plenty of choice and good quality. We didn't eat lunch here as we were off ship.
Some reviews i read complain about the rude and noisy Italians, French and Spanish. Well, you also get rude Brits! For me, the multi nationality add to the atmosphere. Its lively and fun. The Mediterranean people are different to the moany, stuffy Brits but that isn't a negative!
Overall we had a great first experience of cruising, and would use MSC again. Do your research, you don't have to use expensive MSC shuttle bus, just walk out of port and catch the local bus for a fraction of the cost.
We only embarked here, but we do know Valencia and can highly recommend
Dirty. Though it was raining so probably didn't see it at its it's best