3. MSC Meraviglia
This was my first and probably last MSC cruise. It's a pity because the ship itself has some good points and the ports of call were fantastic. We picked the ship up in Southampton along with what it turns out a lot of new crew who took a couple of days to come to terms with things. Staff were very polite and willing to assist if possible. We had a balcony cabin which was kept spotless by our cabin steward. However there is a lot of wasted space where extra drawers etc could be added. The wardrobe was worse than useless and the siting of the safe was ridiculous. Entertainment was very hit and miss and seems to be about 10 years behind other cruise lines. I will however say that having the Cirque du Soleil onboard is a masterstroke. Food - the biggest negative for me was abysmal some of my salads were hotter than most of the hot food they served up at both lunch and dinner. The meat was just about as tough as you could get. Choice of food was very very poor but they did make great pizzas. This was the first cruise that I have been on that I have actually lost weight on. I can see a new joke coming on to replace the old cargo joke. Embarkation was ok but we dropped lucky, other people had a nightmare. Disembarkation both at ports of call and final day was totally disorganised. We waited for over three hours to get through the US border control - others waited much longer. There seemed to be no control measures in place. At one of the ports of call we waited a while to allow the usual I want to get off first queuers off but still ended up in a queue. Excursions were very overpriced. How this ship has not had multiple cases of Norovirus is incredible. The ship has sinks to wash hands and sanitizer stations, however there is no policing of this and people just walk past them. So it's a big NO from me.

Flatters to Deceive

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by Jao1953

This was my first and probably last MSC cruise.

Staff were very polite and willing to assist if possible.

I will however say that having the Cirque du Soleil onboard is a masterstroke.

The meat was just about as tough as you could get.

Choice of food was very very poor but they did make great pizzas.

Embarkation was ok but we dropped lucky, other people had a nightmare.

Excursions were very overpriced.

How this ship has not had multiple cases of Norovirus is incredible.

So it's a big NO from me.
Jao1953’s Full Rating Summary