3. Norwegian Dawn
We chose this cruise for the itinerary. Norwegian has decided to nickel and dime people as a way to become more and more profitable. It became baffling. Buying water to drink as it was not included in the beverage package we ordered. Paying a gratuity for a free beverage package. Specialty coffees not included in the package either. The cruise director was active and all around the ship however as he was Filipino his accent was at times very hard to understand. There was also a Japanese member of his team that I never could understand. Entertainment was quite good however. The food experience was average. Service in the complementary restaurants was quite slow to get started but when orders were finally able to be placed the food was delivered in a timely manner. I had a package for specialty restaurants. The steakhouse and the French restaurant would both terrific. The Italian restaurant was, I hate to say it, disgusting.

Skip this ship.

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by CruisingAlongTogether

CruisingAlongTogether’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11032
Cabin was old and dated. Only two 110 V outlets. I had a CPAP machine and needed an extension cord. That and distilled water was requested as I made the reservation. Neither was in the cabin and when I went to guest services for the extension cord I was told that they did not have one. They finally disconnected one of their printers and gave me the extension cord that they needed there so I could activate the CPAP machine.

The bathroom was small. It had a tub and handheld shower that was adequate but very narrow and the entire bathroom was dark, not well lit at all.

The balcony area had a large stain on it from something that was spilled. It was there for three days and I asked the cabin steward to see if he could clean it. He said he had tried a number of times. I asked him to see if someone could assist him because it was disgusting and lo and behold it was then cleaned. Mattresses were old and uncomfortable.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins