Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Rohodey

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spa Balcony Stateroom

6th cruise, 2nd time on the breakaway. Other than being told I needed to wear pants to eat in some of the restaurants (i didnt bring any, I'm from the northeast and we dont wear pants when its 50 degrees, why should i when its 87?) My wife and I and our 5 singleish friends had a blast. Brought my own glow body paint for glow party and my kick ass 80s rocker attire for the 80s party. I highly recommend bringing costumes for Norwegians parties on any ship, it makes it way more fun!

The casino dealers were really nice, they let me feel like a drunken king in blackjack where I was doubling 12s and 13s and nailing 21 lol. They did however make sure they got it all back by the end of the trip... those meanies.

I absolutely loved the excursions my group did, Gumbalimba park in Roatan, monkeys and macaws climbing all over you? Must do! We also went river tubing in Belize, quite a bit of travel for it, but in my opinion, it was the coolest thing I've ever done. I go river tubing back home, but to be in that jungle-esq atmosphere and seeing iguanas and hot springs was cool.

We had calm waters the entire trip which I haven't been fortunate to have on a few previous trips, but I also go during hurricane season cause its the cheapest lol.

Disembarking was simple but they did have us in what felt like a rat maze around deck 7 which I guess made it feel like the line is moving faster.

Live music was all really good around the ship, I danced pretty much everywhere I went. The wait staff and bar tenders were all incredible even when they have to tolerate "those people" you know who you are you snotty drunk entitled people. But they handled you like champs and brushed it off.

Room steward kept our room clean and stocked, I definitely felt multiple hints and pressure for a cash tip, which I normally leave a hundo anyways, but this guy was definitely pushing the subject.

Overall, great week! Cant wait to be able to afford another! Haha!

Rohodey's Full Rating Summary

Spa Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B9 14144

Homie kept it clean and stocked, threw him a hundo.

Miami

No lines, not a long wait to embark, we were boarding group 2, first one in the pool!

Gumbalina Park

Great time! Monkeys climbing all over you, holding macaws that want to eat your buttons lol, so fun!

View All 191 Gumbalina Park Reviews
Chacchoben Mayan Ruins

Really cool, good local tacos, saw some s

Wild spider monkeys which was a highlight for me

View All 418 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews