Island Princess Cruise Review
1,190 Reviews

Carnival has ruined another great cruise line...Princess.

Island Princess Cruise Review by sld007

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

My now 90 year old mother and I took this same ship to the Panamal Canal in 2012 and we were now celebrating her 90th birthday and looking forward to the renovations that were made in 2017 to the ship. Imagine our surprise when we find that our balcony grade room was now 1/3 smaller and the shower so small that I could not even turn around without bumping my head (I'm almost 6 feet tall but no giant and my wife could not even shave her legs in the shower because there was no room. Also, the casino was cut in half and I was specifically told by the casino manager that Carnival had done this to create space for more rooms. So our comfort is sacrificed so Carnival/Princess can make a buck. Typical corporate mentality. Forget about quality just mo money mo money mo money!! Our room had no air conditioning for one night until I threatened to sue everybody and then it miraculously came back on. The food was mediocre at best. The shows were average (when you could get in since the cattle call of over 75+ seniors got to each show about 45 minutes before to take all the seats). I guess when there is nothing else to do you have no choice. The Huatulco shore excursion was a total joke. The guide spoke no English, was 45 minutes late and showed us the fronts of 4 hotels saying that these were the cultural highlights of the City! If I have to hear about one more bs EFFY jewelry promotion I am going to throw up. What a ripoff!

sld007's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BE E301

The ship was renovated in 2017 and we had taken this ship to the Canal before. Imagine our surprise when we find that our balcony grade room was now 1/3 smaller and the shower so small that I could not even turn around without bumping my head (I'm almost 6 feet tall but no giant and my wife could not even shave her legs in the shower because there was no room.)

Huatulco

The worst ever. The guide was 45 minutes late while my 90 year old mother and many other elderly people waited out in the hot sun. The guide spoke no English and showed us the fronts of 4 hotels saying that these were the cultural highlights of Huatulco!

Tequila Factory Walking Tour

The guide was very knowledgeable and the Tequila factory guide was very entertaining.

View All 85 Tequila Factory Walking Tour Reviews
River Cruise & Scarlet Macaw Sanctuary

This was well narrated and very interesting.

View All 26 River Cruise & Scarlet Macaw Sanctuary Reviews
Fuerte Amador (Balboa)

The guide took us to meet her friends on the street selling lottery tickets. Then she would take us somewhere and count heads 5 times until she got it right. Very unprofessional.

Very informative private tour of Emerald factory and shop.

View All undefined undefined Reviews