3. Celebrity Equinox
30th wedding anniversary. * Embarking from terminal 25 ft. Lauderdale, port everglades, which is used almost exclusively by Celebrity was a mess, no order at all; Upon arrival in the terminal 25 was met with a very large mass of people standing around Pressed up against the gangway that was not allowing entry to the ship. * Packs of people no queues, no signs, no directions or explanations why not being allowed to board. We completed about a week before on the Celebrity web page, the pre embarking docs Celebrity Express pass said to board 1200-1230. Boarding of the 100s jammed into the terminal 25 began at 1300. * During the wait pressed up against the crowd were a few celebrity employees roaming the 100s of passengers with computer tablets, taking pictures.Until we inched our way thru the masses that we discovered these roaming celebrity employees & struggled to learn what they were doing. the Celebrity employees did Not verify cabin number, drink pkgs, wifi, or Other items previously paid to the travel agent NOR items paid on the Celebrity web site by the passenger. On board that nite discovered wifes card did not have drink pkg upgrade fortunately before generating charges. * No key issued in terminal nor Gangway * No guidance from the gangway onto ship * The cabin contained 2Sea pass cards. I discovered before using the seapass card during the 12 day trip, that my wifes card did not have upgraded drink package associated with her seapass card. If I had not would have run up a large bill. I paid for the upgrade via the Celebrity web site weeks in advance of the voyage. I was required to go to guest relations, wait in Long line to straiten the mess they created. * Celebrity web site and the documents forwarded by the travel agent were dissimilar. never could locate on the Celebrity web site the specifics of: pre-paid items via the travel agent, or that I paid for on the Celebrity web site. Needed to patch the 2 together and hope they contained the total of all selections. * Online selections for pre-paid gratuities, drink pkgs, wifi that were selected weeks before sailing, were Not reflected online web nor app. * Celebrity app never same as printed daily planner on ship. Rooms, times for activities listed wrong on app vs. Print I.e. Never had menus for any dining venue. * Ran out of coke zero, then diet coke about ½ way thru voyage * Cancelled movie w/o notice * Venues unsuitable- several activities & games were hosted in ships areas with only 12 seats available. of the 12 seats, several empty seats were saved by passengers thereby creating disagreeable encounters when other people tried to be seated. attendees vastly exceeded 12 seats causing passages to be blocked to other passengers trying to proceed to different ship areas. * Specialty restaurant Tuscan grill was terrible (contrary to cruise critic reviews; maybe just the crew of the Ship?) 40% discount for specialty dining offered approx.. ½ way thru voyage which aggravated passengers who paid 100% for the same dinner. * Qsine Le Petit chef led to food poisoning were my wife projectile vomited during the next 12 hours * The Wifi for which I paid for, dropped a connection at least hourly * Three Holes were torn into 1 of our brand new baggage * At end cruise, we were given in the stateroom the wrong luggage tags to disembark @ ft. Lauderdale. Those Tags would have sent our luggage erroneously to Ft. Lauderdale airport never to be seen again. * FINALLY, With over a 1,00 passengers trying to disembark together, at the Ft. Lauderdale gangway I was prevented from departing the ship. blocked my exit with a security officer & told by the deck officer that the ship did not have credit card on file for me. the ship deck officer said the only credit card on file was for my wife. the deck officer said there was a $500 spa bill for my wife. the Celebrity officer said I had to go back into the ship down 2 decks, thru 1,000 departing passengers to Guest Relations to fix. I used a lot of colorful language to say that’s ridiculous that a credit card was not on file for me & only for my wife as I know the travel agent puts a card on file & I verified that a credit card was on file weeks before on the Celebrity Web site AND authorized it to be used by BOTH passengers(Mr. & Mrs.)in the cabin.Now on day 12, disembarking the ship says no credit card on file!! I offered to give them a credit card or number at the gangplank but they refused. N.B. crew stated card on file for Wife AND spa charge for Wife. So, why did crew even need a credit card for me?I should have walked off BUT instead went back into the ship, down 2 decks, past 100s of passengers, many of which witnessed the entire embarrassing episode unfold at the gangway where I was prevented from disembarking by security. Probably more problems...

Terrible trip

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Moemoney

30th wedding anniversary.

* No key issued in terminal nor Gangway

* No guidance from the gangway onto ship

* Ran out of coke zero, then diet coke about ½ way thru voyage

* Cancelled movie w/o notice

proceed to different ship areas.

* The Wifi for which I paid for, dropped a connection at least hourly