3. Norwegian Sky
This was my first cruise with Norwegian, probably the last as well. It was a truly average experience. Nothing was fabulous and wowed us, on the other hand nothing truly terrible happened. Embarkation went very smoothly, didn't take long to get on the ship. The Entertainment on the ship was not great. One night there was a magician from France and he did a really nice job. The ship performers and singers are hit and miss. Some could sing and some definitely could not. The Dining was strange, I personally do not like the come as you are dress code. I don't want to sit in the dining room with people in their shorts/ tube tops/ flip flops. The dining room was almost completely empty every night, I'm not sure where people were eating. The buffet was very small and didn't have many options. Our cabin attendant was not thorough. Our room was dirty when we arrived, we removed hair from the shower and the bed. And the carpet had not been vacuumed. Some of the workers on the ship were not very friendly or hospitable, I did witness a couple of interactions where I thought they were quite rude. Shore excursions were not plentiful, we booked everything outside the cruise line because we couldn't find enough options. Visited the spa once for a massage, the person doing the massage was very pushy and aggressive with the sales pitch to buy products. I was so uncomfortable I never went back and I had a 50.00 coupon, it just wasn't worth it. Overall, it was all "okay" but I want to have a great experiences on vacation...not just okay. I probably would not cruise with them again.

Average Cruise experience

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by bizzyfamily

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window

Embarkation went very smoothly, didn't take long to get on the ship.

bizzyfamily’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OI 4011
Cabin was an adequate size for two people on a short cruise. There was enough storage.
Biscayne Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Kayaking
    Kayaking was a nice way to see other areas, went to a private beach for some swimming. Great Stirrup Cay is nice. But the Underwater Sculpture Garden is not worth it, nothing to see but maybe one or two things and its a long way from shore. The island has basically no signage telling you where things are. Not enough bathrooms. Don't try to walk barefoot, your feet will hate you.
  • Key West
    We booked a Key West walking food tour which I would highly recommend. It was very educational, learned a lot about the area. Went to five different places for food/ drinks. Was a highlight of this trip!
    View All 13,169 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review
  • Miami
    Stayed in Miami Beach explored locally with the free trolly.
    View All 2,412 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    We booked an independent tour online and most of the boat was filled with people that had booked through the ship. We saved money and it was the same exact boat. But I would recommend the snorkeling, the water is beautiful but there weren't many fish to see.
    View All 217 Snorkeling Reviews