• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Rudy888
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise based on itinerary. We have been on the Crown and this was our 15th cruise on Princess. We were on the 28 days version of the British Isles cruise with the transatlantic.

I felt for a older ship it was in well maintained condition. They were replacing carpet in many rooms while we were about. Saw little rust and wood railings were well varnished not oxidized.

I felt the food was as good as we have had in the past. We were fixed , late seating. Lamb shanks, escargot , good fish selection, pasta etc. Portions seemed larger than I have seen on other ships. Though we rarely eat in the Horizon buffet, they had oysters on the 1/2 shell a couple of times, I have never seen this. They also had large prawns a couple of times. These can be tough but were not. They also had 1/2 cold lobster one day. Again never have seen this before. Overall I would rate the food as excellent.

Balcony

Cabin BE

A little small, nice storage, couldn't have fit a barrel chair in this room. Clean, new carpet, overall in very good shape. Well maintaiuned by the room steward.

Port Reviews

Dublin

Busy Friday, took over a hour to get into town. Used the Hop on Hop Off which we enjoyed.

Liverpool

Liverpool was a suprise. much nicer than we expected. We walked down the port, stopped at a museum walked around town. I was impressed.

Cobh (Cork)

Took a ships tour. Very nice. We went to Kinsale, very nice quaint town.

St. Peter Port (Guernsey)

Just walked around the town.

Greenock (Glasgow)

Since the town is very hilly we took the Hop on Hop Off which worked well.

Invergordon (Inverness)

Just walked around the town, wlked up to the castle.

Southampton

Great port, Old Town very nice. Could use a shuttle rather than the need to take a taxi.

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $299