3. Crown Princess
We chose this cruise based on itinerary. We have been on the Crown and this was our 15th cruise on Princess. We were on the 28 days version of the British Isles cruise with the transatlantic. I felt for a older ship it was in well maintained condition. They were replacing carpet in many rooms while we were about. Saw little rust and wood railings were well varnished not oxidized. I felt the food was as good as we have had in the past. We were fixed , late seating. Lamb shanks, escargot , good fish selection, pasta etc. Portions seemed larger than I have seen on other ships. Though we rarely eat in the Horizon buffet, they had oysters on the 1/2 shell a couple of times, I have never seen this. They also had large prawns a couple of times. These can be tough but were not. They also had 1/2 cold lobster one day. Again never have seen this before. Overall I would rate the food as excellent. We frequented Vines and the International café. Both were very nice, the seating area could be larger, but I believe at least Vines was added after the ship was built. The room was fine, small but did have a lager closet if you can call it that. Service was excellent, from waiters, room steward etc. Internet speed seemed Ok. I am not a big user so not one to judge. One negative was that the transatlantic turned into 8 days when we missed the Azores due to a hurricane. I like lectures on sea days and there were not as many as I would have expected on a transatlantic. Lots of lectures on someone trying to sell a service but few others.

Enjoyable Cruise

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Rudy888

The room was fine, small but did have a lager closet if you can call it that.

Service was excellent, from waiters, room steward etc.

Internet speed seemed Ok. I am not a big user so not one to judge.

Rudy888’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE A242
A little small, nice storage, couldn't have fit a barrel chair in this room. Clean, new carpet, overall in very good shape. Well maintaiuned by the room steward.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins