3. MSC Sinfonia
This cruise started from Venice and started out badly - the embarkation process was a nightmare. It took us just over 2 and a half hours of standing around with little assistance from MSC personnel. The food was not great either in our view - certainly in the main evening dining. It could have been better prepared, more spices and attention to the taste. I know the kitchens cook for 2000+ people ad it is not easy but that is their job and supposed expertise. I think certain extras were unfair such s paying for tenders at two of the ports. Plus silly things like ice cream - we hade a fantastica package with drinks but had to pay 3 Euros extra to get an ice cream cone One major concern for me was the way the itinerary was described. We were said to have one day at sea - between Split ad Santorini. And so we did. But the visit to Mykonos arrived at 8:00pm at night and left the immediate following morning a 3:00am - thereafter we sailed the whole day and the entire next morning before we got to Dubrovnik. I class this as two whole days at sea and I believe the itinerary description was carefully positioned as to not make this aspect evident. Some passengers had not appreciated this.

Not Impressed

KL sailor’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Sinfonia price drops

Fantastica Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin O2 9027
Very clean cabin and good housekeeping.
Good space
Sibelius Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Ancona
    We knew noting of Ancona but enjoyed walking through the old town and up to the cathedral. Plus there are ruins of a Roman amphitheater.
    A delightful lunch meant that we thoroughly enjoyed Ancona - a hidden surprise.
    View All 14 Ancona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ancona Cruise Port Review
  • Cable Car
    We had a great shore trip at Dubrovnik - the city itself is totally amazing and beautiful. We started with the cable car and it's worthwhile to book in advance because we avoided the queues. Views from the car trip and at the top are spectacular
    View All 44 Cable Car Reviews
  • Walking the Walls
    Excellent - wouldn't have missed it for he world. Though a bit strenuous on 70+ yr old legs. But we are glad we did - it provides a very different and historical perspective on the town and its unique coastal position.
    View All 52 Walking the Walls Reviews
  • Mykonos
    A night stop is useless in my view. What I there to do and see - other than shops and bars along the waterfront.
    View All 1,076 Mykonos Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Mykonos Cruise Port Review
  • Jeep Tour
    Most enjoyable. Saw some very interesting parts of Santorini off the normal track and had a very good guide.
  • City Tour
    Good shore trip and excursion with an excellent guide. Delighted by Split itself. The coach trip around town was excellent and very comfortable. Then we had a walking tour of the Dioklenios( spelling) Palace which was also very interesting and worthwhile
    View All 29 City Tour Reviews