1. Very speedy embarkation process in Boston. We arrived at about 1:15 pm and curbside to cabin was less than 15 minutes.
2. Cabin was ready and clean but looked "worn/used". Cabin steward Jacob was wonderful.
3. Itinerary was changed due to hurricane/tropical storm Jerry. While we appreciate RCI adding a day in Portland and shortening our stay in Bermuda to keep everyone safe and comfortable, we were very disappointed.
4. Many parts of the ship were in need of repair: outdoor movie screen did not work, near Schooner bar a lingering "burnt wood" smell, cigarette smoke smell in may public non-smoking areas, one day our cabin door would not lock, a few days later maintenance was in our room for over 3 hours to fix a leak.
5. The two outdoor hot tubs closed by 7:30pm every evening. Therefore the only other hot tub in the Solarium was always crowded. This created some hostility among the passengers in the hot tub and those waiting to use it. Also, the staff allowed children into the Solarium in the evening to use the pool, since "the outdoor pool was too cold and the hot tubs were closed".
6. The cruise director staff was suspiciously absent and the activities offered on this cruise were few and far between. The destination speaker was not a good speaker, the evening entertainment was just okay, and the musicians were mediocre at best. We did not notice any live music by the pool.
7. The food was better than expected in Windjammers and Giovanni, and as expected in the dining room and at Chops.
This was our 14th cruise overall, and our third and last cruise with RCI.