• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Rotterdam Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

Itinerary Changes like crazy and lots of sick people

Review for Rotterdam to the Baltic Sea
Diamond999
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Due to poor weather we missed four ports. I have to believe that HAL knew the weather would be difficult for tender ports before we left Amsterdam yet kept us guessing. Being that we had more overnights in a port because we could not go to the next port, they did not plan things to do on the ship assuming all would get off the ship. That did not happen and you had many bored people. The only time they did plan was the last sea day which was supposed to be a tender port. Along with that many many people were sick and there was so much coughing and sneezing on the ship and on the bus tours. I also was sick and by the end of the cruise after talking to many passengers found that about 1/4 of the ship was sick. After traveling with HAL for many cruises this was my first experience with this kind of sickness, I have experienced the stomach problems but not this.

The whole experience was sad as after you plan for a great experience you come home so disappointed and still sick. Since home have gone to the doctor and on antibiotics. I stgill wonder is many of the crew were sick and they still make them work or something is wrong on the ship. My worst experience on any of the 25 cruises I have been on.

Have to say service was great

Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Cabin D

Cabin clean and neat and stewards were excellent

6 Helpful Votes