• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jordee
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Balcony

I took this cruise because it was 45 minutes from my home. It cost $105 to park your car all week. I had an interior cabin with 2 narrow beds. There were 2 of us in the room. There was more than enough closet and storage space for 2 people and plenty of hangers. We had Late Dining, but were able to be changed after the first night to the Early sitting. This was much better for us. We were seated with 5 other couples. Our Dining Waiter Paul Chamberlain was excellent at remembering names and all the requests. He also liked to dance. Carnival has the waiters do a dance every night. Some did not look thrilled to be doing this. The food was just OK I had no complaints. Also ate in the Steakhouse one night and the food there was excellent. On the Lido deck, the Mermaid Grill food was also OK, especially Guys burgers and the Pizza place.

Our cabin was sufficient but I found some change in the bedside drawers (2 drawers); which suggested the drawers are not wiped out after the last guest.

I was VERY ANNOYED that in the Red Frog Pub, late night, with folks drinking alcohol, they let people bring children/toddlers in there to run around. This disturbed people on the dance floor, and distracted from the excellent band, CoCo Notes. Come one Carnival, I get that you want everyone to have fun but there is a time and place for children! The man who brought these kids had no insight his kids were disturbing people. Carnival it takes away from an adult experience when you allow children in drinking venues. Who wants to be around little children who should be in bed at midnight?

Balcony

Cabin 8D

2 single beds. last cabin in back of ship. quiet. great location just 2 floors down from Lido deck/buffet/Serenity Lounge

Port Reviews

Grand Turk

Beach near ship awful filled with rocks and sharp boulders big enough to stand on in the water. Margarita Ville drinks expensive $32 with tax and tip for 2 cocktails. No bar service on beach. Hard to find free umbrellas.

Baltimore

Did not tour Baltimore.

Half Moon Cay

Nice beach and plenty of loungers.

Find a Carnival Pride Cruise from $399