3. Carnival Paradise
This was a fundraiser cruise for a local charity. We had a successful fundraiser and our group of friends enjoyed ourselves. The Good: -Our steward, Made, was wonderful. -Dining room team of Rodolfo and Vilmar and others made every meal a true experience! -Suri, in the Rotterdam bar was the best bartender on board -Guest Services staff were consistently helpful. -Tampa port team and processes were the best of all of my cruises. -Dining food presentation and menu selections. -This ship has the most talented entertainers at sea. -Large aft balcony. -Guy's Burgers. The Bad: -Muster drill lining us up on deck in 90-degree heat. -Rude bartender in the United States Bar, and rude staff in Normandie Lounge. -Confusing ship layout that requires passengers to go up and down decks to get from one point to the next. -Sewage smell in the cabin hallways, fruity smell in our cabin, ratting TV in our cabin -Cabin layout had bathroom door colliding with closet doors. -CHEERS! was a waste. Why sign for every drink when you have a drink package? The crew were so vigilant in enforcing the rules for this, they ignored other important things like customer service and process flow. -Broken elevator, broken hand dryers in public restrooms, not enough public restrooms, no limes for drinks... -Terrible Reubens (no sauerkraut) in the buffet. -Watch "sale" prices were above prices you can purchase Invicta, Movado, Bulova and Tag Heuer on land. -Approximately 40% of the passengers were loud and rude. A fight broke out between two groups while watching Sunday football. The cussing, the smoking, the yelling....too much for me. All in all, some pockets of great service, but the glitches, rudeness and budget accommodations lead me to not sail Carnival again and continue with my customary higher-end cruise lines.

Not My Cup of Tea

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Saturngrl

The Good:

-Our steward, Made, was wonderful.

-Suri, in the Rotterdam bar was the best bartender on board

-Guest Services staff were consistently helpful.

-Tampa port team and processes were the best of all of my cruises.

-Dining food presentation and menu selections.

-This ship has the most talented entertainers at sea.

-Large aft balcony.

-Guy's Burgers.

The Bad:

-Muster drill lining us up on deck in 90-degree heat.

-Rude bartender in the United States Bar, and rude staff in Normandie Lounge.

-Cabin layout had bathroom door colliding with closet doors.

-Terrible Reubens (no sauerkraut) in the buffet.

Saturngrl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Cabin U239
Room and bathroom were akin to the Motel 6 or Days Inn.
  Carnival Paradise Deck Plans