Royal Princess Cruise Review

Royal Princess Cruise Review by md123_23234

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The cruise had great service but the food was horrible almost everywhere we ate. Sabatini's was the best but even that could have been better. The shower curtain in the bathroom reeked and it smelled like pee. The cruise would have been fun if I was with my family or was older. Mostly everyone was 65+, which is fine, but the activities were not for a younger crowd and that made it boring. The "club" is a super small dance floor lodged in the corner of the lounge. This was my first cruise and I will probably never go on one again unless it's Richard Branson's...

The ice cream they served on the fountain pool deck was not good, the pizza everywhere sucked - apparently Princess is known for their pizza but I think that that review came from someone who has never had pizza. Alfredo's Pizzeria was not that great either as far as the pizza goes. The bartenders and wait staff were all very friendly, however, not everyone was knowledgeable and we got different answers from anyone on any one topic. The comedy show was great and was the our favorite activity.

The elevators run terribly and because almost everyone on the ship was super old and could not use the stairs, the elevators were always running slow. Not a big deal because I have legs and they work great but might be good to know for someone else.

I don't know what I was expecting for my first cruise but I was disappointed and wished I had spent my money on a different vacation. Hopefully your experience is much better!!

md123_23234's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BE c104

The cabin itself and the balcony were nice. They did their best to make it private so you don't hear or see your neighbors. The ship was surprisingly rocky and it was very windy from Mexico to LA - the balcony door rattled for 2 days/nights straight and the hangers kept banging but I suppose that's normal. The bathroom, however, is why the rooms sucked to me. The shower curtain they use is cloth material so it doesn't dry properly and it smelled soooo musty and like stale pee. I'm not sure if someone who stayed there before us peed all over it but either way it made it unbearable to stay in the bathroom and I'm not sure why they wouldn't replace those.

md123_23234