3. Royal Princess
Our short trip from LA to Cabo on the Royal Princess was very relaxing and refreshing. Just what the doctor ordered. We arrived a little before our scheduled embarkation time, but we just got in line and wound our way through. I had already received our Medallions, so we didn't have to show anything other than that! It really couldn't have been easier. Once on board, my husband, who was a first time cruiser, was amazed at the grandeur and beauty of the Piazza. Even though I had shown him pictures, seeing it in person is amazing. We dropped our luggage off at our room and then hit the buffet. Again, my husband was amazed at the selection and quantity! Our room was M535, a balcony room, just below Horizon Court. I was worried there would be noise from there, but it was insignificant compared to my husbands snoring. I brought earplugs for the later and apparently it blocked out the former :) Our cabin steward had our room looking great and kept it that way the whole trip. He really did a great job and was always friendly when we passed in the hallway. The wait staff in the traditional dining room, Allegro, was delightful. My husband enjoyed chatting with our waiter, Victor, so much, that he didn't want to miss a meal. We had a gift meal at Sabatini's (which was very nice) so we did miss one meal there, much to my husband's chagrin. I loved the food. I'm not hard to please, I will admit. If someone else makes it and cleans up, I'm fairly certain that I will be happy with any food that is not too adventurous. The very first night I had the prime rib. It was so good I wanted to cry happy tears! The next night was filet mignon, and another night was chicken and another night was salmon. I wish I could eat there every single night of my life! Again, I am not a foodie, far from it. But my husband and I both enjoyed the food. Horizon Court was great for lunch and breakfast. My husband loved the cookies! We watched the movies in the afternoon and napped. I got caught up on several movies that I didn't see during the summer. That was a bonus! The bed was comfy. I was very pleasantly surprised at how awesome the dancers and singers were for the big show performances. We saw "Soul" and "Encore" on this cruise. Both were wonderful and had my husband standing up and cheering at the end. I was cheering too, but that isn't remarkable :) Jeff the Juggler was super funny and very entertaining. Getting off the ship to go into Cabo was the only glitch, but it wasn't anyone's fault but the weather. We eventually got into Cabo and stayed about 30 minutes. It is true what people say about bartering. Decide what you are willing to pay for something, and you will probably get your price. We also had the free tea every day at 3:00pm. I loved that so much I want to continue it at home! Their scones are so delicious. The tea itself was only meh, but I like regular Lipton tea, so bear that in mind. Disembarkation was a little tedious (be prepared to wait for elevators), but since we were walking off with our luggage, we just left when we were ready. Typical lines to wait in, but honestly, when you are off-loading about 3,000 people, what do you expect? Overall, it was a wonderful time to relax and getaway from the daily grind. I honestly didn't want to come home and have to think about what to fix for dinner the next day!

Excellent Getaway

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Judalolly

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Horizon Court was great for lunch and breakfast. My husband loved the cookies!

Judalolly’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC M535
The balcony is small, as many have reported. It was still a dream come true to be able to sit on my own balcony with a cup of coffee and hear and see the ocean. The bathroom was small, but typical of cruise ships. The TV was great. Being under the Horizon Court, I did hear some noise, but nothing that my ear plugs didn't block out. One night when the deck party went to 3am (or so I heard the next day), I knew nothing of it. The weekend before we had been tent camping and our next door neighbors were up until 1:30am. I knew way too much about them after their night of drinking and talking...blech. The cruise was very peacful and quiet when we were in our cabin!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins