• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

I had a very low expectations given the reviews that I read hear prior to taking my trip. I am very grateful that my expectations were very low as I was pleasantly surprised. First the good. We were in cabin 4100 and it was great as it made it easy to get on and off the boat. Our cabin steward was great though we barely interacted with her. We did not find the boat to look old or in disrepair. The staff was by and large pleasant and attentive and the itinerary was good. Now for the ok but not great. I have been on a celebrity cruise where the food was excellent. The food on the pride of America cannot be described as excellent but it is really good enough for the most part. The main dining room was a mixed bag. The items that stay on the menu from day today or better than the daily selections. For a cruise that is in Hawaii it is a shame that the fish is so terrible. The steaks on the main dining room and you are pretty reliable as are the pasta dishes and the soups. We found the aloha café to be more convenient for breakfast and dinner as the quality of the food was every bit as good as in the main dining room and the selection was better. We rented a car at each port and did not take part in any of the Norwegian cruise line excursions. We downloaded the GPS tour guide called GYPsy And found it to be invaluable in guiding us towards the best sites to see. We purposely arrived late, at 2:30, for embarkation hoping to not have to wait. We still waited about 30 to 40 minutes to be processed. Disembarkation was not much better and also took about 30 minutes though we did not have to wait for luggage.We had full days touring in our rental car so we were pretty exhausted at the end of each day. We did not go to any of the shows. I did try to go to the library but all the books are Locked up in the cabinet and there is no staff person in the library to unlock the cabinets. The fitness center is well stocked and huge. We did not do anything in the spa. The walking track, running track is on the six deck The wind doesn’t look like a walking or running track. There is no other cruise like this and I feel like we got a lot out of the experience. I was so glad to have read all the cruise critic reviews as I felt I was well prepared when I got on the boat. I was also happy that my expectations were pretty low.

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

Cabin OA

Great location and great cabin steward.

7 Helpful Votes