3. Carnival Elation
THE BOAT: I chose this cruise to travel to the Dominican Rep and Grand Turk. Unfortunately, the motor broke on day 2... we could only make it to Grand Turk and got rerouted to Nasseau. The bummer is that a cruise to Nasseau would've been way cheaper, if we had wanted to go there. All they compensated us with was a $50 cruise credit, which doesn't cover the price difference between a Nasseau cruise and Dominican cruise. EXCURSIONS: In any case, vacations are what you make of them. The Grand Turk Excursion for Reef, Rays, and Open Bar was GREAT. Our Nasseau excursion was a Seaworld SemiSubmarine Tour. A great, cheap excursion overall. It was fast and all we wanted was to get back on the boat. Embarkation was fast and efficient. Debarkation... less so, but that might be more a customs issue that Carnivals. ONBOARD: The shows were great, and I really thought our room was worth the price. The bar service is a bit slow, and the main dining room takes a long time to serve food.Staff were friendly and kind. The comedy was a bit too raunchy for my taste. Unfortunately, the comedians were similar people with similar jokes. The interior decor could accurately be labeled Casino-Tacky. A lot of the onboard activities are sales pitches too. OVERALL, Carnival will offer good value for the money, but I think I'll choose another cruise line or a newer ship next time.

Old Ship Meets Broken Motor?

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by ericadempsey

ericadempsey’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E R188
We chose an ocean view, bottom floor, mid ship, with 2 twin beds. The beds and pillows were nice and comfy! Bathroom was standard size (for a cruise), though we niced that occasionally a slight sewage smell would come up. Our steward was nice!
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins