3. Island Princess
We were suppose to Leave Vancouver September 11, 2019 at 5:30, but do to mechancical issues (propultion problems) the captain came on at 8:00 to tell us that we will not be leaving until approx midnight - in actuality it was 3:30 am on the 12th, and that we will be getting a $100 on board credit and 50% off the price of this cruise towards another future cruise. Because of this issue we will not make it to Juneau, the one port most people wanted to go to, and instead we will be going to Prince Rupert. All excursions needed to be cancelled and we wouldn't see our refund for 4-6 weeks. The next day a letter was sent to our room saying it was 15% not 50%. We were a party of 10, possibly the last cruise for our elderly family members. Prince Rupert was a tender port, and our elderly family members were not able to go on the tender due to physical ability. We are from BC, we wanted to see Alaska, not Prince Rupert - we can do that on BC Ferries After returning home, we let Princess know how we felt and that we would not be doing any more cruising within the next year, due to my husbands terminal illness. We asked that instead of compensation towards a future cruise that we would rather have 50% of what we paid for this cruise re-embursed back to us. They flat out refused, but did say they would give me my husbands credit if I wanted to cruise alone! The post cruise customer service agent that I dealt with spoke to me as if she was reading off a script and had no compassion for what we went through. Obviously Princess does not care about their passengers or they would do everything they could to make us happy. Truth be told, it would have been a $1000 re-embursement, not much when you consider their reputation is at stake. Had they done at least that, I would not be writing this review Service on the ship was not up to par. Staff walked around like they didn't want to be there. We would sit and play games on the Lido pool deck and we had to ask staff that was standing around to remove our lunch plates. No one came around to ask if we wanted a drink around the pool or in the buffet dining room. At one point our Uncle asked for a coffee and baileys from the grill bar, and they said they didn't have coffee, but we could bring a cup up and they would put baileys in it. No bars were open on the pool deck, so inorder to get a drink, we had to stand in line in the buffet to get the one bartender working to make us a drink. The buffet was sub-par food. Same sandwiches everyday and not much seating room. The Italian dining room was fabulous, with great food and service, so if you want to pay more money go there. We have done many many cruises, and this was our second one with Princess and will be our last. I will not give them the satisfaction of our hard earned money again. We did partake in massages and facials and enjoyed the service that we got from the spa. Rooms were clean and staff was pleasant, although they do push their products on you. We went to a couple evening shows and they were entertaining If you have the pleasure of going on a cruise, don't go on Princess!

Princess does NOT stand behind their product

Island Princess Cruise Review by surfside712

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We went to a couple evening shows and they were entertaining

If you have the pleasure of going on a cruise, don't go on Princess!
surfside712’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD
Our steward was fabulous and very friendly. Beds were cozy and clean as was the bathroom, but towels were rough and stained. Not his fault.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins