3. Viking Alruna
We saw the combination river and ocean cruise in the Viking catalog. The river cruise was from Basel Switzerland to Amsterdam and the connecting ocean cruise was from Amsterdam to the fjords of Norway. One of the many things that made the river cruise so special was the cruise director Elisabeth. She is very friendly and personable. Her port lectures were informative and fun. Every evening she had a different program to keep us entertained. The food was great as well as the service. The crew made you feel like you were part of the family. The excursions were well thought out and very interesting. The ship was spotless and very attractive. All of the crew members were great. I would travel on Viking again in a minute. Viking is far superior to the other cruise lines that I have used. The ocean cruise was also great. The ship was beautiful. I really like sailing on a smaller ship rather than the giant ones that you have to stand in line for everything.

Sailing with Elisabeth

Viking Alruna Cruise Review by oldertexan

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

The excursions were well thought out and very interesting.

The ship was spotless and very attractive. All of the crew members were great.

oldertexan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Alruna price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 222
The cabin was very nice. I especially liked the heat floor and mirror in the bathroom.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins