• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

lisalala
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Grand Suite

My husband and I cruised this ship 09/30 until 10/5 what an disappointment. Our intention with booking was finding an Itinerary that did not port in Nassau. This seemed to do just that. However on our way to Amber cove the captain announced there were mechanical issues with the ship that had to do with the speed and would not be able to stop in Amber cove but would port in Nassau. Passengers were given a $50 onboard credit and that was it. Keep in mind that this ship had a problem with this same mechanical 3 weeks before that ended up on the news. We thought there was no way this wasn't fixed. I spoke to crew members that informed me that our sailing was actually the 3rd sailing experiencing the same issue. During the whole sailing the boat was unsteady rocking up and down which I believe had something to do with the engine problem because the sea wasn't bad. I called guest services after we returned but the response I received lead me to believe that Carnival really didn't care at all. We live in Orlando and cruise frequently. This was #8 on Carnival. We booked a Grand suite at $1700. and expected an much better experience than we got.

Grand Suite

Cabin GS

The cabin was fine honestly didnt see much of a difference than a balcony room.

Port Reviews

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

we never made it to this port so I really can't rate it.

Grand Turk

free pool and the beach right there

11 Helpful Votes