Norwegian Escape Cruise Review
2,810 Reviews

Lots of Ups and Downs but overall a positive experience.

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by pobrien50

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

The trip was definitely uneven starting with the loading process. We waited online for about 1.5 hours to get on the ship and found that most of the employees were not helpful at this point until someone complained to management and they came and started to direct the lines. If all of your paperwork is printed out, there is no reason that people should take more than 3-4 minutes at the counter. Cases that become more complicated should be directed to a different help desk. Most of the people working on the ship were wonderful. They had very positive attitudes. I didn't expect the overall sleezy feeling that people were always trying to sell me something. For instance, I went to a lecture on metabolism not realizing until after 40 minutes they were now going to try to sell me a product to help cleanse my system. Most talks ended up being some type of sales pitch. I truly enjoyed the Thermal Suite but resented the blatant lying about how many passes they were selling. When I bought my pass, I was told there were 20 passes left and the limit was 120. A couple of hours later, I went back for a raffle and again heard how there were only 20 passes left. Then I realized that they were also selling day passes as the cruise went on. To be honest, I only felt crowded once during my time there, but the unnecessary lying seemed foolish. Another major issue was communication. I wanted to get off at Bar Harbor a couple of hours before my tour which started at 12:50 from inside the ship. I was discouraged by the crew saying they would not be responsible if I didn't find the group off of the ship (turns out very easy to find them)- hence I stayed on the ship. Other people I met were told sure meet the tour in front of the ship and yet others were told that they could absolutely not leave the ship. Overall, the food was fine and the staff serving were exceptional. As stated- it was a very up and down experience.

pobrien50's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BF 13746

The cabin was adequate for sleeping. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Not luxury accommodations but then again - I didn't pay for luxury!

Bay of Fundy

Excellent tour given by local operator about New Brunswick, to the Bay of Fundy and the caves. Also stopped at a market. Tour guide was phenomenal.

View All 56 Bay of Fundy Reviews
Peggy's Cove

Tour guide never stopped talking and didn't use time well.

View All 245 Peggy's Cove Reviews

Schooner ride was too long - needed more time in Acadia. The guide on the bus to Acadia was excellent. She had a real passion for the park which was contagious.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
City Tour

Excellent city tour of Portland and trip to Kennebunkport. Driver was very knowledgeable and there was adequate time for exploring on your own. Lots of neat history and stories were shared.

View All 51 City Tour Reviews