Carnival Pride Cruise Review

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by robinrmills

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean Suite

The most important take away from my trip is to review your Sail & Sign statement carefully. If you have prepaid for spa treatments, you could get billed again. Your CHEERS doesn't work at the Carnival island of Half Moon Cay. The Cheers program is NOT worth the money. You will spend less if you just pay out of pocket. You can get bored over the course of 7 days. The pools and chairs are always full. The in-room television doesn't have ample movie selections. You honestly feel like you are eating all the time and the food isn't great. We spent most of our time in the casino (we broke even thank goodness), but the ventilation is horrible from the chain smoking that occurs. If your pockets aren't full when you leave, your lungs will be. And your clothes will reek badly. They do keep the boat spotless and they work super hard to cater to you and your surroundings. We stayed in a suite and it was awesome. It is roomy compared to the balcony rooms. The only issue that I had and this was my second attempt to love a cruise was that the bedding always smelled like dirty laundry. I even brought my own blanket and pillow cases, but they couldn't hide the smell. In summary, we went with family which was a big plus, but this trip proved that I will never be a cruiser with many under my belt. You either love them or hate them. There is no in between.

robinrmills's Full Rating Summary

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 6176

A cabin suite is the best way to travel on a cruise.

Loved the cabana at Half Moon Cay which provides you with a bathroom, snacks and personal space.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Grand Turk

It's okay, but nothing special about it! The sand is littered with trash and rocks. The merchant swarm the area and you have to pay for seating.

Freeport