3. Avalon Envision
The service staff were the best part of the cruise. The food and wine etc were very good. However, I found the sheer numbers of people -148 or thereabouts - quite overwhelming. The ship didn't get past Passau and we were berthed there for 3 days with our 'view' being a stone wall. That's not what I paid for. Why was there no contingency plan? Our river cruise turned into hours of being herded about on coach tours. I believe it was known from the outset that we wouldn't get past Passau. There were too many early rises and way too much walking. The tours, although good, were often too long and the guides too longwinded. i wear hearing aids and found the audio devices totally unsuitable for these. I got a flippant reply when I mentioned this to the TD. The wires and box are cumbersome and annoying when you're managing camera, walking stick, umbrella etc. I had a fall while on an earlier tour before joining the ship, and the after effects eventually precluded me from doing the Prague food and culture walk. When I approached the TD regarding a refund, he refused on the grounds that I'd pre-paid the trip from home. Penalised for being organised and saving him some paperwork. The overall atmosphere was impersonal and regimented. I definitely would not recommend Avalon based on my experience.

Disappointing

Avalon Envision Cruise Review by Erin Eldridge

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Panorama Suite with French Balcony

The overall atmosphere was impersonal and regimented.

I definitely would not recommend Avalon based on my experience.
Erin Eldridge’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Envision price drops

Panorama Suite with French Balcony
Cabin B 224
Excruciatingly tiny. My bed was so narrow i almost fell out several times. The virtual tour on the website is misleading as regards space.
Sapphire Deck Suite Cabins