3. Carnival Fantasy
We chose Mobile due to proximity to home and not going near Orlando where we would be tempted to go to Disney. The staff aboard is great. They are nice, lively and patient. Marty, Gemma, and Lizzy are all wonderful fun staff members. We also really enjoyed the variety at dinner. It was nice to try new things we had never had before. The casino is on the same floor as the Camp Ocean and smoking is heavy there. Our son had an asthma attack going to Camp Ocean one night so we spent time treating that. You could smell the smoke all over the 9th floor which also happens to be where to go for the photos each day. It's just heavy. The elegant night was less than elegant. More people in shorts and t-shirts than elegant wear. We enjoyed our time we were dressed up, so it is what it is. I just thought it was typical to dress as suggested. We are not a party family. We are very conservative in our activities so the crowd was not our favorite. It was like spring break on the ocean all week with loud adults and inappropriate behavior for a family cruise. Midnight still having people hollering down the halls was annoying as we were trying to sleep. A lot of individuals were commenting on people in swimsuits and how they didn't belong in swimsuits at all and taking photos of them so I didn't even bother trying to enjoy the water with my kids. That's on me for being self conscious though. I will also say that Camp Ocean was supposed to be separated by age, but they put the 6-8 year olds with the 9-11 year olds. There were a lot of 6 year olds so our 11 year old (who turns 12 in a few weeks) stayed with us after day 2. He was not thrilled with the activities being moved to being only for the younger kids. The atmosphere just wasn't for us. That's not to say it wouldn't be perfect for others. It's just not for a more conservative family who want to enjoy a relaxing vacation.

Staff is great, the rest...eh

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by TrishOnTheGo

The casino is on the same floor as the Camp Ocean and smoking is heavy there.

TrishOnTheGo’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Fantasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B M77 & M73
When you ask for connecting rooms make sure to specify they do not block the door. We had to move the bed so we could access our kids' room.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins