• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Star Princess Review

Editor Rating
2 Awards

First Time Cruising - fun!

Review for Star Princess to Pacific Coastal
AKkirsten
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Balcony
Baja (floor 11) felt private as we could see down, but no one could see dow
I could have left my hangers at hom e- they had plenty in this huge closet
Extra-strong magnet hooks came in handy!
Each of the two lamps had a USB port to charge our phones
You can bring a power strip. There were only 2 outlets so we thought we&#39
Formal nights (2 in this case) happen during "at sea" days. We saw
Deck was spacious and we got a lot of great photos out there
Coming home to Seattle at the crack of dawn. Demarcation went smoothly but
The main gathering area (the piazza) where you can get great espresso drink

The Pacific Coast cruise took us to Astoria, OR (quaint town), San Francisco, Monterey (gorgeous) and Victoria (cozy and beautiful). Embarkation went very smoothly. We hired a car to take us to the port, so that made it especially easy. Our cabins were very soundproof - never heard our neighbors OR each other (bathroom was very-well insulated). The staff were attentive and kind and the dining services were REALLY good. Loved the sit-down dinners and I'm glad we chose "Anytime Dining," which really means you can choose which of the two (or three?) main dining rooms you'd like to visit anytime between 7 and 9. You're also given the choice to share a big table (which we loved, even though we are introverts) or to wait a little longer for a private table. We also tried one of the surcharge restaurants (the Crown Grill) and loved the window seating, private table and extra attention (plus amazing steak). I can see why the older crowd would really enjoy a cruise, but I'm not sure I need to do that again.

TIPS:

* buy heavy-duty hook magnets (the walls have nice wallpaper, but they are covering metal so your magnets will stick almost anywhere). I used those for our coats, my purse, my shower bag, scarf, key card lanyard, jackets, clothes, etc...

Balcony

Cabin BB

More spacious than I thought and the sound-proofing was excellent (no noise from bathroom and never heard our neighbors)

3 Helpful Votes