• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Edge Veranda Stateroom
Enjoying the sunrise.

In preparing for this cruise I read whatever I could find about this ship. There were some not so flattering reviews which caused me to wonder if we made the right cruise choice.

From my perspective, this ship is simply wonderful. The ship was spacious, bright, the Infinite Veranda is the best cabin ever, the four different restaurants were awesome, the Oceanview Café was excellent, and the service was impeccable.

Embarkation was a breeze. We went from our shuttle van to the ship in less than 5 minutes. Leaving the ship was just as easy. Our luggage was right where it was supposed to be and our shuttle van to the airport was waiting for us.

Edge Veranda Stateroom

Cabin E2

Our cabin was ideally located near the rear elevator bank. Once we figured out the lighting and how to work the IV, all was well. The IV made the cabin seem so much larger and we loved the views that were always available.

Our bed was near the bathroom rather than near the IV. I believe this made the open space of the cabin seem more usable and open.

Port Reviews

Monaco (Monte Carlo)

The port was changed to Villafranche, France. We just walked around the port for a short while and headed back to the ship.

Portofino

The ship docked in Santa Margherita Ligure. We took the water ferry to Portofino. What a beautiful place! We had lunch at a cafe, walked around the port and walked to a beautiful church on the hill. This was one of my favorite ports.

La Spezia (Cinque Terre)

We took an independent tour to Pisa and Florence. Pisa was nice because it was relatively early in the day. Florence was not so good. Once again, there were too many tourists!

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Rome as a bustling busy city that we have previously visited.

8 Helpful Votes