3. Avalon Vista
It was a chance to see several places within a short amount of time in places I have always wanted to visit. Also, I wanted a short (7days) trip to try out river cruising to see if it was a travel method that I would enjoy. I was impressed on all counts. The stops along the river gave you a good sample of the area. The ship was amazing from well appointed, clean, comfortable rooms, amazing views from the sky deck and common areas that were warm and inviting with plenty of room for all. The land excursions planned and the onboard entertainment we all spot on with amazing guides on land and varied performances and entertainment onboard. And the food was beyond plentiful, varied and expertly cooked. To top it all off, the service from everyone onboard made you feel you were the only traveler and that they were there to meet your every need, which they did. Amazing trip in all ways and can’t wait to go again. Avalon Waterways is truly professional and amazing in the travel industry.

Bucket List

Callyfrog’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Vista price drops

Panorama Suite with French Balcony
Cabin P 217
The room was roomy and very well appointed. It was always clean and fresh. The bed was so comfortable and Avalon had thought of everything to make your stay in the cabin truly comfortable and enjoyable. As my husband said, the most luxurious hotel room we have ever experienced.
Royal Deck Suite Cabins

• Anne Frank House
    Moving and emotional. Gave new perspective to the horror of the Holocaust.
    View All 91 Anne Frank House Reviews
  • Van Gogh Museum
    Very crowded and difficult to really experience the art but a glad that we got to see at least some of the museum.
    View All 58 Van Gogh Museum Reviews
  • Zaanse Schans Windmills
    Seemed to just be a tourist trap. Didn't really learn about the trades of wooden shoe making and cheese making. Windmill was interesting but all in all would not recommend.
    View All 52 Zaanse Schans Windmills Reviews
  • Walking Tour
    Found our guide to be very knowledgeable, able to answer questions, gave us local color and very professional and personable. Enjoyed her sense of humor as well. Took us to the major sites which gave us a good overall picture of Koblenz.
    View All 91 Walking Tour Reviews
  • Mainz
    Really did not like our guide. She showed us parking meters, apartment buildings and gave everything her own political slant and personal opinions. Was not impressed and felt I didn't get anything about the history of Mainz. Did go quickly to the Gutenberg to watch her use the press and to show us the Gutenberg Bible but did not have nearly enough time in the museum. Would have been better to just go to the museum open our own and skip the walking tour which was useless.
    View All 13,165 Mainz Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Mainz Cruise Port Review
  • Le Petite France
    Enjoyed walking tour of Strasbourg and really enjoyed our guide. Felt we got a very good overview of the city and its history.
    View All 67 Le Petite France Reviews
  • Notre Dame Cathedral
    Again, appreciated our guide who was able to give us a good introduction to the cathedral before entering so we knew what to look at and for.
    View All 82 Notre Dame Cathedral Reviews