3. Golden Princess
We wanted to experience the suite life on a cruise. Golden is among the ships with the cheapest suites (the window suites) and a short cruise (4 days) is among the cheapest types of cruises. YES I'm frugal but still enjoy cruising. Everything on board was fabulous (this was our 6th cruise). Staff and the ship were great. We had the champagne welcome, the afternoon tea, in room canapes and fruit bowl. We had the free bar set up and I managed to swap it out for the stuff I prefer. The menu and staff in the Club Class dining room were great. We entered when we wanted and NO WAIT. We had a choice of tables. A couple of dinners we shared tables with other couples. Nice people and great conversation. A couple of meals we had just the two of us. We also had the mimosa breakfast in the Crown Grill. Different menu but all good food and staff. I especially enjoyed the Bircher muesli with mixed berries. Of course I have a few grumbles. Starting with US Customs. A 3 hour wait. They know they had 3 ships leaving, they could have put on more staff. At least the Cruise Terminal staff were efficient and had seating arranged so I was only standing for two 20 minute sessions with seating in between. When we finally got to customs, we ran our passports through a scanner, got our tickets, handed them to the agent and walked through. Three hour wait for an automated scan. And you can't do anything about the rain in Ketchikan. We were smart and brought rain coats. In the gift shops people were scrambling for cheap disposable rain coats. We docked at pier 4. As far from the tourist part of town as you can get. I wanted to visit Creek Street. There was a free shuttle with a line up but I couldn't be bother to wait in the rain and then walk about. We hit a couple of gift shops and went back on board for lunch.

A quicky cruise in a suite

Golden Princess Cruise Review by MandE66

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

Of course I have a few grumbles.

MandE66’s Full Rating Summary