• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Norwegian Escape Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

NCL looking for the bottom

Review for Norwegian Escape to Canada & New England
Aufinger
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

How the mighty have fallen. From wonderful cruises on Breakaway and Getaway to the first cruise I can honestly say I regret taking. Everything possible has been done for NCL to cut expenses and increase customers cost, although I have a few ideas to help them I will share later in this review. No lobster night, check. Most blasé repetitive tasteless food possible, check, featuring piles of fatty undercooked bacon to start your day. Entertainment as little as possible, check. Two hour plus to check in, check. I’ll stop there and give a few ideas for NCL to cut costs further. Bring your own silverware. Limit water usage in cabin to three gallons a day, after which you pay a surcharge. Clean your own cabin. Limit lighting to one 10 watt bulb in the cabins, bring your own flashlight. I have a few more but I will stop here.

I have had great cruises with NCL on Breakaway and Getaway in the past, but the past two years I have sailed with Royal and MSC. At this point, no comparison. Bye NCL.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin BE

Standard cabin, not an issue

Maybe I was spoiled by two recent cruises with Royal and MSC, but my previous cruises with NCL were really much better than this one, by far. Thank you for reading.

1 Helpful Vote